GiffGaff

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Sunday 14 August 2016

At the doctors surgery!

As some of you will know, I have never ever used a supermarket self service checkout machine. I even have an email letter from B&Q Head Office which I can show at my store telling them to open a manned till. My stance is they make customers unpaid checkout workers so the supermarket. They claim it is to save you time queuing but that is only because they removed half the manned tills to put these assimilators in thus creating the queues. If they were to offer a discount for doing it yourself I may consider it, but instead the supermarket gets all the benefit built into the cost of the goods by you doing it for free. So my disappointment continues when my local GP surgery have implemented one of these bloody things to check yourself in. Every time its the same bloody conversation. Me: Peter Thorpe to see the nurse. Receptionist : Just to let you know you can check in using the machine behind you in the future. Me: I don't use those things. Receptionist: I'll show you how to use it. Me: I'm not interested. Receptionist: Well it will save you time when we are on the phones The killer phrase that causes me to boil my piss is uttered. Me: Seeing as I will still be waiting here seeing the nurse at 8:20 I won't be saving any time, only yours. Receptionist: (Walks away in a huff). I work with tech, but the march of depersonalising the customer experience has to stop, especially when it is wrapped up in the lies about it being in our best interest when actually it is always theirs.

No comments: